Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bookapalooza (a direct effect of Snowapalooza)

I have been reading a lot lately. It started cause it was so flippin' snowy and cold outside! It has increased because of a list my Mother-in law found and posted on her live journal of the 100 best YA books for the feminist reader (thanks Ann!). I am hooked on these now! I love all these stories about strong, sassy ladies. Some of the ones I have been reading recently are Howl's Moving Castle, A Wrinkle in Time, Dealing with Dragons, The Golden Compass (just started), Alanna the First Adventure and The Hunger Games. They are all excellent books. That being said, my favorites were:

The Hunger Games- Some parts of this book are so vividly written that I could see this world and feel this girl's anguish. I am not one to shed tears, but the descriptions in this book had me tearing up . The main character, Katniss, is smart , independent and very resourceful.

Dealing with Dragons- The main character here is Princess Cimorene and I want to be like her. I love, love, love this character! She is no nonsense, witty, confident and altogether too charming. This book had me laughing out loud and looking for people to tell about it.

I am in the beginning parts of The Golden Compass but I can already tell Lyra is my kinda gal.

So, that is what I have been doing with my time in the tundra, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment