Sunday, May 2, 2010

Gratitude

I just wanted to give a shout out to my friends and family. I get so very much from you all. Sometimes I live way too much inside my own head and contemplations and when I talk to you I laugh and stop taking myself so seriously. I love to hear your stories and learn about what you like, don't like and how you think. I really love this. I am completely fascinated by how different people are and what goes on with people who live different than I do (that is a fancy way of saying I am nosy ).
I learn so much. Learning is one of my absolute favorite things. My friends and family teach me new skills that really improve my quality of life. I also learn virtues : patience, charity, joyfulness, flexibility, just to name a very few. I can not tell you how many times I have been in bed at night thinking about something one of you taught me just by our interactions on that day. My life would be so empty and I would be so shallow without those lessons.
We live very much pay check to pay check and so many of you give us your gently used stuff and overages or impulse buys. I have to say I absolutely love this. First off it goes to good use. Second we get some things we never would have bought ourselves but completely enjoy and third it is earth friendly because it is passed down.
So, hats off to you! Take a few minutes to pat yourselves on your backs. Know that the little things you do without even thinking about it have changed some one's life and made them a better person. If you like me than take credit cause each and every one of you have helped to make me who I am today. Love you!

2 comments:

  1. You give me something wonderful everyday, FRIENDSHIP and SISTERHOOD! You are the sister I always wanted and you are my longest and absolute dearest friend. You are constantly teaching me and supporting me and I love you for that. I miss you when you "disappear" and eagerly wait for you to return, with even more wisdom and learnings to share. There is nothing I can give to you that is even close to as awesome as you just being my Best Friend!
    You are awesome! And I love you tons, Cowbeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be like you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete