Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother’s Day

My spectacular husband is almost perfect and has only a few tiny flaws. One of these tiny flaws is he sucks at remembering holidays. On Mother’s Day that leaves me with 2 choices. Choice one - sulk and lay on major guilt trips when Mother’s Day comes and I get not so much as a “Happy Mother’s Day” from him cause he completely forgot it. Quick story-once on Mother’s Day he said “what am I supposed to do for you, you’re not MY mother”. That didn’t go so well for him. He learned a valuable lesson that day that he will no doubt pass on down to our boys. That brings me to Choice 2- tell him I know he probably completely forgot that it’s Mother’s Day so here is what I would like. I am happy to report that I have matured enough to always use choice 2. For this Mother’s Day I requested a few hours peace and quiet and to not have to do a single dish all weekend (our dishwasher is dead and I like to cook a lot so this is a big deal)! On top of NO dishes, Dan cooked with me all Sunday. I know I am so lame but it was seriously so much fun and so special to me. Today was also Carter’s birthday so first we made Carter a chocolate chip cookie cake and some frosting to go on it. Then we made baked spaghetti and garlic breadsticks from scratch. It was totally awesome! If I would have got some flowers I wouldn’t have remembered them next year, but this I will remember forever.


My sweet Donovan also surprised me with a homemade card(he said he put the handle on it special for me and when the other kids in class saw it they all started making handles, I’m so proud!)


misc 023


misc 024


It was a lovely Mother’s Day and I am so blessed to have such a loving husband and such great kids. I really hope all the other fantastic Mom's I know got treated as well as I did today because we all deserve to feel special.

1 comment: