Friday, September 3, 2010

The Best of Best Friends

So I needed to vent about the current state of affairs around here so I called my friend Jamie. I vented about all those things that you just can't talk about to anyone else except your best friend. One of the things I vented about was the price of food lately, especially fresh produce and organics. I was sad that I had to buy ramen and other processed crap this time cause it was so much cheaper. So I vent , we hang up and I continue my day. Sometime later comes a knock at my door and in comes Jamie and her family with loads of fresh groceries she had bought us. That in and of itself is pretty nice but there are 3 additional things you should know about Jamie.

1. She hates grocery shopping. It is pure torture to her to have to go into a grocery store and shop. After she had her baby I came to help and the only thing she really wanted was someone to do her grocery shopping cause she hates it that much.

2. She has 5 -count em 5 kids all under 13 (for a few more days) the 2 youngest being 4 and 10 months.

3.She lives almost an hour away from me.

So basically she packed her 5 kids into a car to drive an hour away (and eventually an hour back) to go into her nemesis (the grocery store) and buy someone else groceries and bring them over! To top it all off she also pulled out a "Food Network" magazine just for me..... It is more than one girl can handle. Too much. The more I think about it the more I want to cry. I just wanted everyone out there to know what great girl and friend she is. Thanks to my BFF, I will never forget this kindness. Just don't do it again :) I can't take it! Seriously!
Love You Jamie!

3 comments:

  1. Ummm...I don't even know what to say...I did it for you because you are my nearest and dearest and I love you tons and tons! You are my bestest of friends, my sister and anything I can do to lessen your stress I want to do it. Going to the store and grabbing a few items seems like the very least that I can do for you for all you do for me.
    I seriously just had tears streaming while I read this!
    I also will say that you know you are loved by me when I not only go to the grocery store for you, but that the store was Meijer :( Boo Meijer! LOL!
    Girl I love you too! And beware, we may strike again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, it was meijers! I feel the love. Seriously, if you do it gain I will buy you the same groceries you buy me ;)Thanks a bunch again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwwwww that is sooooo awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete